When someone gets pulled over and receives a traffic ticket, they typically have to go to court to either dispute the ticket or plead guilty. Generally, the defendant has the option to hire a lawyer to fight the ticket for them in court. Hiring a lawyer has many advantages in fighting a traffic ticket, although it is not required. However, your chances are usually greater to get your ticket reduced, or even dismissed, if you hire a traffic ticket lawyer.
How Hiring a Lawyer Can Help
Hiring a lawyer is not required for fighting a traffic ticket in court, but there are many advantages to having a lawyer fight your traffic ticket.
- Lawyers know how to get out of it – A lawyer typically has experience dealing with traffic tickets, and they know what to look for. They will find errors and other things on the ticket that an average person would not look for, as they know which technicalities to use when fighting a ticket.
- Traffic lawyers can get your ticket reduced – If there are no mistakes on your ticket and there is no possible way to get out of it, a lawyer can negotiate well with the judge and attempt to get your ticket reduced to a lower fine. Your lawyer will look for good reasons on why to get your ticket reduced, such as a clean driving record, that you will have a hard time with on your own.
- Good traffic lawyers fight for your life – Most people don’t know all the rights they have as a driver in Nevada, but traffic lawyers do. They know how to argue correctly with judges and understand how to use the law to your advantage.
- Not very expensive – Many people chose not to hire a traffic lawyer because they believe that it is too expensive and not worth it. Most traffic lawyers charge less than you think, because fighting a traffic ticket takes a lot less time than any other serious case. When you consider that you may get your ticket reduced or even dismissed, the charge will be a lot less expensive than you think.
- Prosecutors are more intimidated by lawyers – If someone is prosecuting you, having a lawyer fight for you is a lot more intimidating than fighting against the prosecutor yourself. They know that the lawyer knows exactly what they are doing, causing them to be more likely to give in.
- Judge will have a different view on you – The court will know that you are taking this case seriously by hiring a traffic lawyer. The judge may be more inclined to reduce or dismiss your case by hiring a traffic lawyer, regardless whether or not you are guilty.
Costs of Hiring a Lawyer
Every case is different, and the fees of hiring a lawyer to represent you in court will vary depending on the type of offense you are charged with. If you are facing a traffic ticket, the price for hiring a lawyer is typically less expensive because it is a minor offense and doesn’t take much time to handle. In many cases, hiring a lawyer is typically in the same range of pricing as the traffic ticket. Although, your ticket may get reduced or dismissed, causing the price to go down. All cases and lawyers are different, and it is best to reach out to your lawyer to determine the price.
If you are facing court for a traffic ticket, it is highly recommended that you hire a lawyer to help represent you in court. It is important that you talk to different lawyers to understand prices and what they can do for you. A good traffic lawyer will inquire about the seriousness of the ticket and whether or not it is even worth it to hire a lawyer. At Ticket Busters, our lawyers have years of experience fighting traffic tickets and getting them reduced or dismissed for our clients. If you or a loved one is dealing with a traffic ticket, reach out to us for inquiry about your ticket, the seriousness of it, and if you should hire a lawyer for your ticket.